• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[SOLVED] Wicked Non Stangs @ Racelegal Novemebr 21st, 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
yeah, but at the track under full throttle, they with light the **** up and you will sit there spinning. let them roast for a few seconds til the smoke starts comming. then let off. dont want to heat them too much, just get them sticky. take t/c off and foot brake it at the line. make sure you dont roll forward. hold it as haigh as you can w/o it moving. then as we said on the last yellow, let off the brake, and mash the gas.

on the first run you still light them up off the line, then the second time, launch a little easier.

never run with traction control on. your foot is the only traction control you need

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
2dw are only faster because of less weight and parts to move, but the AWD does help with initial traction, until the motor bogs down ar first.....

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I did that at Target.....smoky burnout no TC on and it was only a second before the smoke was rolling.......no water needed....LOL

Gib

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
the water is for people with really sticky tires. i needed it just to get mine turning when i was at the Q. when i tried to do a burnout w.o water the car almost stalled when i dropped the clutch....lol

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Just roll throught the water and punch it then to heat them up a little and lean them off from anything that maybe stuck in tires. Just read what we have wrote and anymore questions at track just ask... you can rent helmets at track for 10-15 dollars. I might not run you can use mine

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
too much tire for me. ****, they were the same tires jason ran on his 1200hp fox. i think they were overkill for my little powerless 302

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
i wish i could find a good inbetween tire. more grip than the kelly chargers i have on there now, but less than the MT, and still in the 275-60-15 size. im sure its out there somewhere, just havent looked yet

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Beejay go with BFG;s like I have. I aired mine down at the arm drop event. I ran a 8.1 on street tires not drag radials with a 1.8 60ft. M/t I would have been in 7's I think

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
150?? thats scooting along man. when i get back, i WILL have a car doing 7's in the 8th. i swear on my life. EMILIO, ARE YOU LISTENING?? lol

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Emilio isnt gonna sell that car man.....no way. It is his business image he has to keep it.

People know him by that car. They know WS's because of that car. It is kind of like the sun with 2 scoops on Raisin Bran, or Snap Crackle Pop on Rice Krispies, or the trojan horse on ........ you get the idea. That car is the brand image for WickedStangs.
\

Gib

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
he already agreed....

if he decides not to, i will have to go another route....but lets hope he wants the 2012 mustang and sells me his termy.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
2012......wow why not just get a different one just like it?

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
oops, meant 2010

well, i could, but it will be slower and more expensive....lol.

i know he beats the hell outa his car, but he maintains it very well, other cobras im not so sure.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
2010......it is just a 4.6 no turbo nothing special......and you never get the first year of a redesign....they suck!

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I might be there, depends...

And yeah, wait a couple of years man, maybe they are waiting for the 50th to bring back the 5.0L. You never know...

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
there is no mechanical redesign....just new bumpers and panels. nothign wrong with that.

the only difference in the engine is new intake and valve train changes. they make 315hp....oOOOHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.