• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wicked Stangs 2009 Shelby GT500

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm there are alot of threads today about Shelby's......What happened to all the Termy talk.....Oh it got traded...LOL

Emilio, welcome to the S197 club. I am sure you will like it. What are they asking for your 04 at Perry Ford?

Gib

Not sure go and get it quick...

yosemiddysam

Donator
It will still stomp your butt MR!!!!!!!! Im tellin angel you said her car was ugly. Wont you be mad when she shows ya her ugly tail lights in your new GT500!!!!!

lowlow

oh emilio butt hurt cause he got a slower car now people could talk trash to him when he had the cobra but now people can lol so now he butt hurt

yosemiddysam

Donator
Damn man you arent even letting the print on the warranty dry are ya????? What are ya going to swap first?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Damn man you arent even letting the print on the warranty dry are ya????? What are ya going to swap first?

Gears first 1BadPnto Got my 4lb lower ket for a set of 3.73 gears
K&N CAI Kit 1BadPnto Sister Works there and gets them at employee price
2.6 upper pulley just ordered it.
Audio Equipment Sold to PapaTom - Bassani Exhaust for 2009 Shelby
My old SCT Tuner works with the New Cobra:) Getting it tuned

M

Mustangcwo

Oh I guess its just a fluke that car #1 sold at Barret jackson for $250,000.
Its just a fluke that #'s 1 and 2 Shelby GT's sold for $650,000....
Its a different market now, than in the 60's/70's... People didn't see the value of those cars... Back then a Hertz Shelby auctioned off for a few hundred (just a used rental right?) How much over MSRP did the current Hertz cars auction for??
There was no high end market for muscle cars back then (by high end I mean people with money and interest)
There is such a market now.
I will concede that the price will go down before it goes back up, but I still say that in 20 years time that will be a very valuable car. Especially since they will only build 2,000 cars.
I agree He should buy it to drive it, drive it like ya stole it....

Dont get to crazy with the value of a car...it's only worth what someone will pay for it on any given day. As for the Hertz rental car...I know an owner and he purchased the car with 20,000 miles and it was less then retail.

The GT500 of today may be worth some money in the future, but they will always play second fiddle to the KR and other limited editions.

By the way, If the car is worth $200,000 in 20 years, it wont even keep up with inflation.

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
The GT500 of today may be worth some money in the future, but they will always play second fiddle to the KR and other limited editions.

By the way, If the car is worth $200,000 in 20 years, it wont even keep up with inflation.[/QUOTE]

You do make a good point. I hope inflation doesn't get that bad, but it probobly will. My original point was that with only 2,000 being built, the 2010 GT500 will be a very desirable car in the future. and was promptly tromped on for mentioning it. So I will endeavor to keep quite in future.

M

Mustangcwo

Congrats on the new car Emilio. I like the color and the look of the 2009.

Tommy

does shelby make it in yellow?

Shelby doesn't make it actually it is an SVT... Shelby however does offer a total upgrade package called Super Snake...

yellow is not offered in the Ford GT500 line up....yet.

SVT is the Ford group that designed the powerplant which is assembled by Ford and SVT's Romeo Michigan plant.

The only car that Shelby manufactures is the 60's style Shelby Cobra (CSX)

All the others (Shelby GT, KR, Super Snake, CS-6...etc) are built by Ford, and modified by Shelby Autos or thier authorized mod-shops.

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
yellow is not offered in the Ford GT500 line up....yet.

SVT is the Ford group that designed the powerplant which is assembled by Ford and SVT's Romeo Michigan plant.

The only car that Shelby manufactures is the 60's style Shelby Cobra (CSX)

All the others (Shelby GT, KR, Super Snake, CS-6...etc) are built by Ford, and modified by Shelby Autos or thier authorized mod-shops.

Exactly! All those are post title options from Shelby with exception of the Shelby GT.. Same mods basically as the CS8 , but done before the car went to the dealer.