• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wicked Stangs 2009 Shelby GT500

M

Mustangcwo

This thread has way to many pages and is taking up to much space on the forum...someone delete it. :rofl:

frank s

at Play in San Diego, CA
Nice dark silver KR in the showroom at Drew Ford. ~$82K, including a $moltoK Market Adjustment and a $30K+ bump for the KR package. I pointed out to the salesmen that my cheap-o GT/CS has the same spoiler and I got it for $119.95 from NewTakeoff. They were surprisingly amiable about it.

My eyes get all googly when I get in a showroom, so I didn't even notice if it was a 2009 or '10. Two Thousand nine, I guess, if the Pony Package spoiler fits.

Trouble with talking in terms of "only 2000" built: these days there are enough people who know about cars and can afford to buy and store them, and enough who will buy and use them carefully, that twenty years down the road only the total-ed wrecks and completely beat/dismantled cars will be missing. One thousand, nine hundred and some-odd stored and carefully-used cars will be out there, held by people who want them; and not just a few of those will be available for purchase. Unless something happens to render them the last-ever 500+ horsepower cars ever built, they'll just be another beautiful muscle car from MuscleCarEraII. I can't conceive of a more desirable one, but that's a matter of taste.

If you have #0001 or #2000, that's another ball game. Even 1969 Chevrolet Camaro #00001* probably has some collector value not inherent in other Camaros of the day, but ... well, you understand.

Buying a car for collector value is the least wise reason, unless you have a full 100-car garage and throw away the least valuable one when you need space for a new one.

Oh, yeah (EDIT): One of my favorite rants: Once you have modified your new GT500KR in any way, it is no longer a GT500KR: it is a Modified GT500KR, and must be restored to have the potential collector-car increment in value. So when you do your Be-more-valuable-in-20-years spreadsheet, don't forget to add the cost of restoration, to include hiding evidence of past modifications. Selah!

*That car actually showed up at a Qualcomm (SD Jack Murphy Stadium in them days) autocross; I took a picture of the kinda Legend-lime-toned-down car and the VIN. They're around here somewhere ...

spdpilot

Gears first 1BadPnto Got my 4lb lower ket for a set of 3.73 gears
K&N CAI Kit 1BadPnto Sister Works there and gets them at employee price
2.6 upper pulley just ordered it.
Audio Equipment Sold to PapaTom - Bassani Exhaust for 2009 Shelby
My old SCT Tuner works with the New Cobra:) Getting it tuned

And there goes the warranty!

I am trying to keep mine still.

Good mod list! Trust me, I have had enough track time to tell ya.

Better save some money for Control Arms or you will hate life.

Priced well or not, the CAI K&N is not a real good kit for these cars. I would highly HIGHLY recommend either the FRPP (only smog legal one for California and yes you will fail smog otherwise, they look) or for real power I would go with the JLT, but if Ford finds it on the car, it will void your warranty. As will the pulley and the tune. The rest of the parts you are ok on warranty and smog.

FINALLY another GT500 willing drive their car hard!:rock:

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
And there goes the warranty!

I am trying to keep mine still.

Good mod list! Trust me, I have had enough track time to tell ya.

Better save some money for Control Arms or you will hate life.

Priced well or not, the CAI K&N is not a real good kit for these cars. I would highly HIGHLY recommend either the FRPP (only smog legal one for California and yes you will fail smog otherwise, they look) or for real power I would go with the JLT, but if Ford finds it on the car, it will void your warranty. As will the pulley and the tune. The rest of the parts you are ok on warranty and smog.

FINALLY another GT500 willing drive their car hard!:rock:

Thanks for the info on the K&N just read about all the horror stories... Warranty? There's warranty for these cars?

jamesb

Justin at vmptuning has got a 2.65 pulley and a 90mm idler that look stock. Avoids having a very obvious belt tensioner. Are you getting the IW 10% OD pulley too? You know you're gonna need a bigger heat exchanger and radiator next :)

With all the crap you have to do in California, made me think that I should have just gotten a CARB approved whipple or kenne bell!

And you are so gonna need stickier tires.

James

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Justin at vmptuning has got a 2.65 pulley and a 90mm idler that look stock. Avoids having a very obvious belt tensioner. Are you getting the IW 10% OD pulley too? You know you're gonna need a bigger heat exchanger and radiator next :)

With all the crap you have to do in California, made me think that I should have just gotten a CARB approved whipple or kenne bell!

And you are so gonna need stickier tires.

James

Those are the ones I was thinking of going with.. But, my tuner recommends Metco.

http://www.dgcustomauto.com/product...A06.qscstrfrnt03?categoryId=332&productId=296

Just seeing if you GT500 guys have seen these..sorry if it was off topic but they look nice

Those look like the ones I bought from Bangastang...

Shane361

Metco:rock:
For the Terminator anyhow..
where-they-go.jpg