• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shead a tear for Ears's car.

ears

im just gonna ride it out until they try to give official
word!! i think the pics will speak for themselves!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I don't see how it can be your fault. Looking at the pics and the pics of the skidmark, it clearly shows the other car skidded into you given the tire track skidding right. Also, the short distance from the start of the skid to the impact point (from the pics), it was a last minute skid and the damage to your car, it was at high speed. I believe the speed limit on that part of Ramona is 50mph, so, whether the other person was speeding or not that will have to be determine from the measurement taken by the CHP on scene. But it is definitely a high speed collision. Just my .02 ont that.

ears

well i got word back from the insurance company today. the ole 2010 is saved!!
they said,,, like i said,,,,, that the damage was above the floor line so much of the car was saved. he said that it appeared as though the grade of the street was higher than the grade of the back street that i was on,,, so it projected the poor little cavaier upwards, in the end saving the stangs life!

so they quoted me about 7600 to fix it,,, not bad at all~~
and aproximately 60 hours of labor and painting!

then they carried on to say, since im out of state, by law they can not tell me where i can and can not get my car fixed,,, however they could strongly recomend a shop!
i asked who they would recomend and they said,,,,, sids auto body according to their files would be a wonderfull place to get the work done!

for those of you who are not familiar with this side of town,,, sids,, is a hole in the wall place,,, and god knows what kind of work comes out of there!!

so i said,,, i can pick anywhere right?
yes sir,,, just let us know!

take it to ford! and i want the frame to be rechecked there aswell. and dont forget about the scuff on the passenger side front bumper,,, and the long scratch down the passenger side door!

the scuff and scratch may have bn there before the accident,,,,,,,, but my minds a bit foggey!! lololololololol!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

and you just hurd the guys voice drop!!!!!!

oh! :doh:

but sir we didnt see any scratch down the passenger side door,

oh its there, fix it!

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
well i got word back from the insurance company today. the ole 2010 is saved!!
they said,,, like i said,,,,, that the damage was above the floor line so much of the car was saved. he said that it appeared as though the grade of the street was higher than the grade of the back street that i was on,,, so it projected the poor little cavaier upwards, in the end saving the stangs life!

so they quoted me about 7600 to fix it,,, not bad at all~~
and aproximately 60 hours of labor and painting!

then they carried on to say, since im out of state, by law they can not tell me where i can and can not get my car fixed,,, however they could strongly recomend a shop!
i asked who they would recomend and they said,,,,, sids auto body according to their files would be a wonderfull place to get the work done!

for those of you who are not familiar with this side of town,,, sids,, is a hole in the wall place,,, and god knows what kind of work comes out of there!!

so i said,,, i can pick anywhere right?
yes sir,,, just let us know!

take it to ford! and i want the frame to be rechecked there aswell. and dont forget about the scuff on the passenger side front bumper,,, and the long scratch down the passenger side door!

the scuff and scratch may have bn there before the accident,,,,,,,, but my minds a bit foggey!! lololololololol!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

and you just hurd the guys voice drop!!!!!!

oh! :doh:

but sir we didnt see any scratch down the passenger side door,

oh its there, fix it!

Golden Hammer in El Cajon!!

ears

yea theyre difinately payin,,,, but theyre not waiting for the other guys insurance,,, theyre gonna pay it,,, and get re embursment

so yea the other guy had insurance,,,, but fault has not bn established yet

ears

well the tear down began today! the foreman overseeing the build up is jose. and no hes not spanish!! hes black!! LOLOLOL!! i waled up to him when i met him and said,,,,

so jose huh??

yes sir,

really,, you dont strike me as a jose!!

no?
not even a little??

nope, not even a little!! lolololol!

any way, the tear down began, and as they pulled quarter panel off they discover more damage than they expected! so the cost of current damage went from 8000, to about 11000!! but they did get most of the car torn apart! so progress is being made! they had to cut the door off the car in order to get it off though! lolololol!!!

ears

alright,,,, so far NO good!!!!

i just picked up the police report and theyre deeming the entire thing my fault!!

so far i have found fault with just about everything that ive read!!

aparently the people in the car behind them and the car two cars behind him were asked for their statement even though no one from our group was,, even with them offering it!!!

any way, they both said, that i pulled out of the parkinglot without stopping, which is wrong all together!! as if i were just driving up and pulled out into traffic. wtf, that was not even close to any thing that happened!!

but any way, ill post more up about the report here in a few after i read through it some more!

so im kinda lost here! im gonna need some help from some of you with more experience in these kinds of matters. i dont know how i can go about fighting this or even whree to go from here!! im gonna give the chp office a call and see what i should do. but im really gonna need some help!

ears

well i did just get off the phone with the chp office, and theyre saying that i can come in and file a complaint with the report and theyll look it over and correct and or add. but i wonder what kind of impact that will have???????hhhhhhmmmmmm!!!!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
lack of money kinda hurts!!

All them accident attornies are ambulance chasers. Some won't charge you until your case is done. Look in the phone book, but I think the biggest law firm that handle something like this and may not charge you an arm and a leg is pacific law center, the one you see advertise on tv all the time. May want to call them up and see what they charge and can do for you.

Red

Now Ears it doesn't matter what the police report says. I got had someone hit me and the police report said it was my fault too. I took the guy to court with and won. Just the pic with the skid mark tells the whole story.

ears

well,,, i stopped by to take a look at the ole 2010 a few days agoe. they said the body shop is closed so i need to come back. so i waited and snuck into the shop and took a good look! they completely tor that thing down they pretty well completely cut the entire drivers side off and are replacing the pannels, its lookin scary but so far so good!!