• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 NFL Season

Ford1288

Donator
Let this be the discussion topic for the entire NFL season. Let the crap talking begin! (keep it PG13 people)

First I want you to proclaim your team, your predicted record for the 2012 season, and why! However know I am a football nut and will call you out on your BS.

I'll start, I am a Titans fan and I predict a 10-6 season. Reasons being; Jake Locker is now our starter with tons of potential, 2nd year in the new offensive and defensive systems, more speed on defense and an improved D line. Chris Johnson should run a lot harder this year and our receiving core can be one of the best with Kenny Britt and Kendall Wright. Our division also has two terrible teams in the Colts and Jaguars providing 4 easy wins.

Should be a good season everyone, let's get pumped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Raiders. My prediction is 8-8 (hope for a 9-7). New leadership in the front office and on the field. New system both on offense and defense. Jury is out on Carson Palmer and secondary. If Darren McFadden can stay healthy, Palmer will do better. But I believe with the new head coach and a whole new philosophy, there will be some more accountability on the players and that can proof to be the difference. They have shown they have cut down on their penalties during the pre-season, and that can be the difference between a .500 season or a losing season. I see it as positive and believe a .500 season is attainable. There are some talents on this team and if the receivers continue to develope and grow (and hang on to the balls), and the O-line can protect, they can run block, just need to do better at pass protection, could be a high scoring offense. The defensive line is solid with a good veteran leader in Seymore and they can provide pressures. The secondary will need to step up and knock some balls down. The division has gotten stronger, so there's no easy win here. But a few lucky break can result in another win (9-7). But the out of division schedule is tough, traveling to the east coast for games.

Ford1288

Donator
I think the Raiders have lost a lot of steam Danny. Last year they showed some promise but so far it seems long gone this season. You're right, The division is a lot tougher and I don't think the Raiders can overcome that.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I think the Raiders have lost a lot of steam Danny. Last year they showed some promise but so far it seems long gone this season. You're right, The division is a lot tougher and I don't think the Raiders can overcome that.

I don't know if they lost steam. I think they are learning a new system offensively and defensively and also a new philosophy with discipline. I think they are headed in the right directions. It will be a growing pain, but will be beneficial in the long run. Last year they were still committing stupid penalties. Watching some of the pre-season games, they actually had cut out on a lot of that. Actually in the Cowboys game they only committed 5 penalties the whole game and this weekend against the Lions, they did commit 9, but they are mainly procedurals penalties, which is expected in the pre-season. I look at these small things and gauge progress with the team. It has to start somewhere and discipline is a good start.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
of course what? Give a prediction and reasons for that prediction.
at work.. One liners are all you get :) 10-6 and Secure a Wild Card Romo's last year Dez Bryant doing good and He can’t drink any alcohol and must have a full-time security monitoring him, DeMarco Murray is off to a good start, Mile Austin rehabing and Ogletree did a good job against the RAMS.. James Hanna is stepping up to the plate for Jason Witten, DeMarcus Ware we all know is good. It going to be a good season.. Fingers crossed... We play the Giants first game of the season I will tell more from that game.. We hate the GIANTS...

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Denver Broncos (10-6) due to the tough schedule. If they were playing an easier schedule, I would say 12-4. With the addistion of Peyton Manning to the offense and the stellar pass rush, led by Dumerville, returning from last season; (oh yeah...and the best secondary in football) it should be a bend and not break defense. After playing the 49ers in preseason and racking up 24 points in the first half, I would say the team and Peyton are already starting to gel. Only difficulty I can forecast is the running back position. Running by comittee has never been a favorite method for me. Any chance we can get McFadden...PLEASE!

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
After having several players battered and bruised last year, I heard the Raiders were moving to the NFC East. Rumor is they wont beat anybody this year!!!!

wickedbird

Bengals...10-6 and at least one playoff win. Andy Dalton is in his second year after having a great rookie season. We are still hurting for a good effective run game and we have a hard divison.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
After having several players battered and bruised last year, I heard the Raiders were moving to the NFC East. Rumor is they wont beat anybody this year!!!!

You're getting funnier as you age. No, you cannot have McFadden. You better hope your O-Line can protect Manning. If he goes down, your Broncs are done. Do you guys even have a backup QB?

Ford1288

Donator
Denver Broncos (10-6) due to the tough schedule. If they were playing an easier schedule, I would say 12-4. With the addistion of Peyton Manning to the offense and the stellar pass rush, led by Dumerville, returning from last season; (oh yeah...and the best secondary in football) it should be a bend and not break defense. After playing the 49ers in preseason and racking up 24 points in the first half, I would say the team and Peyton are already starting to gel. Only difficulty I can forecast is the running back position. Running by comittee has never been a favorite method for me. Any chance we can get McFadden...PLEASE!

I am anxious to see how the Broncos do. Their defense is tough as nails. I am secretly rooting for Manning. And of course I hate the Chargers so anything that makes their life harder makes me happier.

Ford1288

Donator
Bengals...10-6 and at least one playoff win. Andy Dalton is in his second year after having a great rookie season. We are still hurting for a good effective run game and we have a hard divison.

You must be spending less time watching football now that you are an officer. Let me refresh you, The Bengals are in a tough division with not much upside other than their Quarterback. Good luck with that 10-6.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Poor Bengals, I see a very long season for that team. After the first six games, I wont be changing this opinion.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
You're getting funnier as you age. No, you cannot have McFadden. You better hope your O-Line can protect Manning. If he goes down, your Broncs are done. Do you guys even have a backup QB?
Does anyone have a backup QB...hell, most teams dont have a starting QB, look at Dallas.

Jesse

Donator
Chargers all the way baby SD!! And I'm not the least bit worried about denver, manning couldn't beat us when he was on a good team lol sorry...so far as how they'll do, who knows defense is lookin up but O-line is not and rivers loved to throw some interceptions last season...besides its the Chargers no one will know how they'll do till the last quarters of the last half of the season, lol I am excited for football especially this season I'll tell you that much!
GO CHARGERS

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I hope you have plenty of tissues for tears. All the Chargers will do is tease you then disappoint you. Just look at your head coach, that should be enough to bring you to tears. Add in your GM, its a good cry.

Jesse

Donator
I know :'( but still gotta represent, but you are right, with that GM we'll never win...