• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

cosmetic surgery

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
No we ran from 60 to 100 or maybe 115.......we were basically going back and forth pulling like a foot on each other......I think if I had anything but 3.31's I would do better though. I bet I could run with you in the 1/4 as you would start to top out and I would be gaining quick. Might be a fun race ....... on street tires of course.....otherwise it would be useless to try. But I am stock so I will accept it.

Wanna race SUV's? LOL

Gib

LaughingGT

beejay31000 said:
?? governor as on speed limiter? or is this a sick joke against gov palin from AK?? lol

if its the speed limiter, you can remove it at any time with a programmer, but unless you take it off, it will never go away on its own

with mine i hit 140 before i removed it though i dont belive they have speed regualtors on the 05s and up ????

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
gibs hit 149 i think. i was right behind him, but my speedo is so messed up i have no idea how fast we were going.

with better gears you would do much better, and i think we would run very close in the 1/4 gibs, all the calculators say my car would run mid-low 13's, and with some gears thats where you would be. ****, stock you should run 13.7, which is still really close. remember how close it was for us on the highway?

yous SS would kill me, but i can seat 7

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I can tow 6300 and with the 3rd seat addon I can seat 7 too......

and I have an LS2......LOL you get better mileage.

My GT should run 13.5 based on what I have read.

Gib

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
13.5 w/ the 3.31?? i dont know about that, i thought that was with 3.55. i'll check on it

i think we get the same mileage. i averaging 13.5 everywhere. including highway, and i have seen 19.5 only highway driving, and 11.9 only city. which is almost the same as you should get, but you are lighter and more powerful.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
here is one thread about it.....I dont know if some of these were modded when they ran those times......

The dif between 3.55 and 3.31 is not really that much.....

Would my 1" drop help me at all?
Stiffer springs?

Gib

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
not sure if it will affect you. i know you want softer springs out back to allow weight transfer to smash the rear tires into submission until they grip. i just looked up some stock mustang GT autos running 9.1 in the 8th. not bad at all. didnt say the rear end tho.

wheres the link, i saw nothing

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
those people have no idea what they are talking about. low 12's in a stock gt500. stock new edge doing 14.0. those times are all wrong. go to www.dragtimes.com and look what those have. they are normal peopl that post their slips. you can get a consensous from that. yeah, there are idiots that will run 17's in a twin turbo monster, and some people will claim stock 10 sec passes, but for the most part they are accurate, plus they can tell you what mods they have. check it out

fastsleeper

Why ya treat me like that?
beejay31000 said:
?? governor as on speed limiter? or is this a sick joke against gov palin from AK?? lol

if its the speed limiter, you can remove it at any time with a programmer, but unless you take it off, it will never go away on its own

Make jokes about politicians? I am having enough trouble trying to figure out what y'all are talking about regarding cars. Politics isn't my cup of tea anyway.

I don't know what the speed limiter(?) is....some say tomato some say tomahtoe... All I know is that just when I am in first and/or second gear I get to a nice whatever you call it...rpm? speed...She will not go further unless I shift to next gear.

The dealer said if I take "it" off the warranty is void. Do you know about these things?
fs

fastsleeper

manual right?? rev limiter. which should kick in just before redline. how far do the revs go up? RPM's.

I've never driven an automatic anything. :)

I'm so focused on the traffic when I am zooming in and out I don't want to take my eyes off the target. I'll take Her to a place without interference and make note of the numbers.
fs

fastsleeper

beejay31000 said:
those people have no idea what they are talking about. low 12's in a stock gt500. stock new edge doing 14.0. those times are all wrong. go to www.dragtimes.com and look what those have. they are normal peopl that post their slips. you can get a consensous from that. yeah, there are idiots that will run 17's in a twin turbo monster, and some people will claim stock 10 sec passes, but for the most part they are accurate, plus they can tell you what mods they have. check it out

I will check out the information. Thank You!
fs

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
your welcome. how many miles are on your bullitt?? im confused why its limiting you in gear. are you positive your not red-lining it? (on the tachometer look for the little red spot by the last number. heres a pic. see that little red spot by the 6? your engine should rev freely right up to that point. if it doesnt i have no idea. the only thing i can think of is the computer has a break in time for the engine that wont allow it to rev all the way up.
08MustangBullitt_10.jpg

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Basically what is happening is she is topping out the gear.....even without redlining it. Mine does the same thing. As I approach 5900-6100 area the power decreases. Then at 6K it will hit the limiter..... The top amount of power comes at 5300 I think. After that the power goes down......

Look at this dyno sheet.......you will see what I mean. There is a steep drop off after 5400 to 6100.

I could be wrong but that is what it sounds like is happening to me. Her Bullitt may do it a little higher in the RPM range though as it is tuned with the Ford Racing Tune......

IMG_2151.jpg

Gib

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
well, lotsa cars do that, its very common. mine is the same way, dead after 5500....i thought she said it would hit a point and go no further....okay

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Oh my mistake.....but when these hit the limiter it just goes dead like and decellerates.........like it shuts down kind of.

It does not just stop going any faster.

Maybe hers does because of the tune......

Gib