• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

engine build questions

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
no solid conclusions yet. strong block and stroked with a blower. thats about it.

what i do have down is t-56, 4.10's, new diff, 5 lug/ big dicsc all the way around, and maximum grip bosx. cosmetically i want a stalker kit, cobra r hood and the steeda wing. not sure on colors yet tho

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
i wouldnt junk the stock block. you think about holding on to it and put a little money in it over time and just have a replacement just in case?

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
DSGinportslayer said:
i wouldnt junk the stock block. you think about holding on to it and put a little money in it over time and just have a replacement just in case?

takes up too much room, and i move too much, probably sell it. good idea tho.

90stripes

i would have it built to your needs. no motor is alike. if you have someone build it you can have all the specifics worked out for you.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
:mad: no my mos is harder.lol. reason #3,435,667,001 im getting out. what is miramar bah? as a cpl with bah i bring home 3500 a month after taxes. i guess a lat move isnt a bad call. im just over it man. i want to buy a motorcycle, or leave the state, and not have to ask daddy if its ok. lol.

i would look into buying something someone has already started man. you would save a lot of cash that way.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
i was told the mcleod twin disc or something is the best to run. its about $1000, but comes with everything, flywheel too, and its rebuildable so i can use it forever. when it breaks i just send it back and they fix it for like $150

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
maverick169v said:
:mad: no my mos is harder.lol. reason #3,435,667,001 im getting out. what is miramar bah? as a cpl with bah i bring home 3500 a month after taxes. i guess a lat move isnt a bad call. im just over it man. i want to buy a motorcycle, or leave the state, and not have to ask daddy if its ok. lol.

i would look into buying something someone has already started man. you would save a lot of cash that way.

$1820 BAH, but im in housing so i dont see any of it. and as for daddy looking over your shoulder....i dont have that problem. nobody tells me what to, they trust me to get it done right. which is good and bad. i dont have people telling me what to do, but im expected to do everything. if i re-enlist we are talking about leaving CA. i hate it here, but we have friends and are used to it. it would be a rough change

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
see i didnt know that. kim at southland clutch is gonna sell me a chromoly flywheel thats the same weight as the aluminum one and its not ll riveted together its one solid peice, and you can run either a 11" cluth or a 10.5" clutch. i think i am going to go with tat fly wheel and a 10.5 king cobra clutch everything for $575.

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
but you could call him up and ask him i talked to him and he seemed pretty knowledgable on the subject. you want his number? emilio refered me to him.

Sinful

the centerforce dual friction is a good clutch. I ran their disc with a king cobra pressure plate for a long time making 450-500rwhp and some passes at the strip with full slicks.