• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FOXMAN'S 5.0 Conversion

Foxman

camera phone pic of engine!
024d51d3.jpg

tkeinia

am i going to have any problems running the A9P computer with my 5 speed?? anyone know?

from what i have heard it is ok, some actually perfer the a9p because of no rev limiter, and a more aggresive tune. but not to sure.

Foxman

i think you mean the A9l has no rev limiter... I don't think the automatic wouldn't have a rev limiter, but i could be wrong.. it wouldn't be the first time. can someone chime in on this!

Foxman

100_0383.jpg

100_0384.jpg

after mounting that upper control arm, found ou tthat i need to grind down the end of that bolt for some clears... the control arm is hitting it.

that would be a horrible sound driving down the road

Foxman

damn this saturday it will be a month sense this build has started.......... WOW im moving along good!

tkeinia

60 bucks sounds good, i need to find me some for that price. look good, do they just bolt in or do u weld them in? u should have done some follow along pics.

Foxman

they bolt in but you have to drill the holes... they say you "can" weld them but i don't want my glass and everything around the interior to get messed up just to weld them... plus i would have had to rip out my sound deading.... I want my car to be a nice cruiser and street beast.. they are really easy to install... they come with instructions to... but i never did look at them LOL!

tkeinia

thanks, i already have all of the interior out along with the sound deading materal. the dash is out and the ac stuff is gone, all to make it lighter. Now all i need is to lose some pounds.

Foxman

yea.. im getting burnt out on it thought... thinking about taking a week or so off from it

Foxman

its mainly the wiring and engine install that im not to excited about.. Remembering were everything goes and the fact that everything has gone so smoothly this entire build, I'm sure the engine install is going to have some headaches apart of it!