• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FOXMAN'S 5.0 Conversion

Foxman

the car has 205 70 R15's all the way around... I just got a hold of 2 23560R15's BFG T/a's that will hook just fine once she is on the road... now when i spray, thats going to be a different story

frink84

the car has 205 70 R15's all the way around... I just got a hold of 2 23560R15's BFG T/a's that will hook just fine once she is on the road... now when i spray, thats going to be a different story

whats the motor spec again? my H/C/I fox with 245's loses grip when i get on it :D

Foxman

100_0427.jpg

100_0429.jpg

Foxman

100_0430.jpg

can anyone tell me what goes here? i think its a spot for a relay?
this plug is by the ecu in the passenger kick panel

100_0430.jpg

Foxman

the plugs for the relay for the fuel pump dont match the holes in the plug... i search fuel pump relay on google and it says its on the shock tower by the air box... I think this has something to do with the ignition... I have everything hooked up right that i know of i just cant get the engine to turn over... only time it does is when i jump the start relay..

Foxman

i just realized something... im missing the back up light harness i believe i need for the auto to T5 swap im doing... anyone have any inside on this... need to figure out the neutral safty circuit....

Foxman

man... this sure has taken a screeching holt!

i start to look for my wiring problem today... found out that i didn't hook up part of the neutral safety switch that goes to the column... and I found another plug that i cant seem to find were it goes... end up just walking away from it...

Foxman

Starting to move forward agian... starting to get the engine back together, after some paint the engine bay is starting to look good... Tomorrow i'm going to put the engine on TDC Number 1 and stab distr. in the right way... then start running the Ford racing plug wires i got... then im going to pick up the trick flow A/c Eliminator bracket to get rid of the A/c and P/S! then i will need a new belt and a couple radiator hoses..

the only problem im having now is weather or not i should buy a Manual rack and pinion or just run the Power rack with no pump... Not sure how safe that would be but it would save me some money!

Before!
100_0427.jpg

After!!!!!
100_0443.jpg

Foxman

oh yea did a compression check on the motor yesterday... 90PSI on all 8 cylinders.... this engine has got some MILES ON IT!!!! Good thing its only going to see a BUNCH OF NITROUS! LOL