• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gt500

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
GT400SC said:
Which brings up a good point.

How many times have we heard Phil talking about "wheel spin" after his gear upgrade?

So, if this guy with the GT500 REALLY DOES have 3:73s, then he is going through the same learning curve Phil did. With statements saying this guy has only raced this car 4 times before (or may this was his 4th) we don't know if all those times were on his new gears or old or both. But if he's just starting to get used to his new gears and dealing with wheel spin like Phil had to learn, then the logical conclusion is that Phil (the driver) beat the other guy (as a driver) and this was less about the actual cars than we thought. I'd have to say, that in this particular round, PHIL out-performed the driver unfamiliar with his car and the new gears in it.

GT400 I got gears a year and a half ago. This was before you where ever on forum and I was still staioned in Lemoore. :) It was much worse before I got gears ask MACHMAN. Andy use to make me so mad when we raced. I would peddle 1st, 2nd, and spin them into 3rd while he just walked away like it was nothing. I didnt get traction till I did gears and went with wider rear tires. They still spin dont get me wrong but nothing a adjustable upper control arm wont take care of with a little pinion angle adjustment.... See making me give away little secrets I have up my sleave. :)

02gt

No i think you were the only one but the guy that tied me had a motorcycle but i got the trophy for it though.

02gt

Thanks, i think i have put more money in to their organiztion in the last year and all i get is some damn trophies.

Jason

ya i want to start a track so guys can put money into my organization for trophies :) east chula vista is a perfect location...

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Jason said:
it was nice getting the trophy, but not sure how i got it with a 9.101...guess I got lucky :) I got that time and my last pass too. Thanks for stallions advice on feathering out of 1st...I did that and managed to keep the wheel spin down...

I used to do that alot before I had gears.. You would think I was related to Fred Flinstone with all the peddling I did lol Glad it helped you out and you made it to the forum. You know what would really set your car off is a WickedStangs sticker lol

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
blackstallion06 said:
You know what would really set your car off is a WickedStangs sticker lol

I hear they go well with everything........LOL

maverick169v

WS Posting God
Machman said:
what dont you understand.... phil wasn't racing him at two different tracks... they were both on the same TRACK!!! if its so hard to hook on for the GT500, wouldn't you think it would be equally hard for PHIL TO HOOK on the BOTTLE!!!

now i ask what you dont understand. phil launches around 300hp/ftlbs, hits the 60 ft and hits his nos on a roll, now has 370/380ish. has the benefit of launching like a pretty much stock gt, which is slow, which doesnt spin all that much, and gets to hit the power from a roll.

the gt500 makes 475hp out of the gate, making it a lot harder to launch with nearly 200 more hp out of the box. bottles are for babies, end of thread. phil i will race you anytime, you want to run to talk trash? lets go to barona and i will pop your heart. you lost last time by half the track and i had a crappy ass ******** tune in my car and was on street tires. so with a good tune, drag radials or slicks, you need a little more than 70 or 80 more horsepower so think before you let your mouth write checks your car cant cash. in all respect, we arent in the same league. i run your barona times at the q. on the same note we arent buddies, we are acquaintances. if you werent talking a bunch of lies out your ass when i first joined this forum i wouldnt pull your punk card so often.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Yes it sure does...........That is one thing we all agree on.....

maverick169v

WS Posting God
just a little food for thought

here i am pretty much stock, with gears, subframes and lowering springs, maybe a clutch. running a supercharged s281 who spins like its retarded out of the hole. did i beat him? yeah. if he hooked would he kill me? then, yeah.
[ame=http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/mjmorgan169vipers/?action=view&current=vssaleen.flv]
th_vssaleen.jpg
[/ame]

just to give you an idea how i ran against other cars that could hook, now is a g35 faster than an s281 s/c?

[ame=http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/mjmorgan169vipers/?action=view&current=MVI_0374-1.flv]
th_MVI_0374-1.jpg
[/ame]

and now one of my personal favorites, i call it what some may think a 70 or 80 or whatever shot of nos will make up for. and so you know, this is my launching at about 2000rpms. next time we race, im looking to hurt your feelings, getting my tires back off of 02gt and launching prolly around 4500. we race again and im ending this bs for good.

[ame=http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/mjmorgan169vipers/?action=view&current=100_0439-1.flv]
th_100_0439-1.jpg
[/ame]

and im mailing a copy of the vid to machman so he has something to aspire for.