• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

part 1: Engine Disassembly

02gt

i just mounted it, it take like two seconds to take off....i'm going to paint it this week i have to get some rustoleum for the braket...

02gt

i just painted it about an hour ago, now im going to cut the rear of the bracket so it doesn't obstruct any of the flowing air... im going to run the piping this week to see see what im going to use and possibly what i may need to order...

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
i just painted it about an hour ago, now im going to cut the rear of the bracket so it doesn't obstruct any of the flowing air... im going to run the piping this week to see see what im going to use and possibly what i may need to order...

I wouldn't cut too much of it. It's thin metal and may not be very sturdy after you cut it.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
Orange395W, 02GT,SDsubzero4, MustangCWO, WickedStangs and [me],.......

hmmm....seems like we're all getting ready for the next season..... or something like that huh???

:rofl:

dont forget me tommy im gettin that notch ready too if the loan goes through tm then its mine

02gt

I wouldn't cut too much of it. It's thin metal and may not be very sturdy after you cut it.

well on second thought, the front bumper cover and the styrofoam will be covering it anyways....i'll just mount on there as is...

ears

dont forget to trim up the edges though... you dont want to cut into your bumper after some wear and tear

02gt

Ok, so my wife is probably going to be pissed if i tell her hom much ive spent in the last week.
Preformance Automatic Full manual Valve body with transbrake (900)
http://www.performanceautomatic.com/valvebodies.htm
Ultimate convertor 9" race converter Non lock with a 4500 to 4600 stall (1095)
http://www.ultimateconverter.com/
should be here in a couple of weeks i still have to oder a transcooler, deep sump pan, and temp gauge, i know im going to have to rebuild the tranny later this year but it'll do fine for now....
the convertor tech Lenny is real nice and is very helpful with the tech. i explained to him that i wasn't given the specs for the power band but he already had something in mind, so i got a warm and fuzzy from him.
FYI: Ultimate convertor is what bobby runs on his C4....so look out sissy standard guys...LMAO

Tommy

Ok, so my wife is probably going to be pissed if i tell her hom much ive spent in the last week.
Preformance Automatic Full manual Valve body with transbrake 900
Ultimate convertor 9" race converter Non lock with a 4500 to 4600 stall 1095
should be here in a couple of weeks i still have to oder a transcooler, deep sump pan, and temp gauge, i know im going to have to rebuild the tranny later this year but it'll do fine for now....

I don't think I would have done a lot of the things I've done if I had a wife :ballchain:

02gt

BEFORE
102_1315.jpg

AFTER
102_1330.jpg

102_1332.jpg

102_1334.jpg