• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

part 1: Engine Disassembly

M

Mustangcwo

Well, I cannot wait to see that engine hit the race track. Hurry up and get it installed and broken in. We are running out of time.

02gt

cant do that with out the TQ convertor and transbrake but thankfully they be here in a couple of weeks...

02gt

102_1335.jpg

102_1339.jpg

102_1337.jpg

I didn't plan on working on my car today but Gufi called me up and said he was board and so i took the opportunity get a couple things done. first as you can see is the 8 rib kit, i was able to get everything on except the obvious pulleys that are still hanging in the engine bay but one of the ribbed idler pulley's diameter was too big so i have to call vortech and have them send me the right idler with some of there recomended spacers along with there instructions, this wont be much but will still be a hell of alot cheaper then ordering the whole set up straight from them. We also mocked up the discharge side of the intercooler and i have determined that i will need to run a slight 120 degree coupling to get it to the right angle...

02gt

cool, also i just sepnt about 96 bucks for more couplings....freakin jipped....:nonono: but i'll be able to get the intercooler set up the way i want, it shouldn't have any sharp 90* turns at all....

Lordgufi

if you had a wide 180 degree bend that would be perfect honestly for the inlet side of the intercooler

02gt

if you had a wide 180 degree bend that would be perfect honestly for the inlet side of the intercooler

i just ordered three more of those wide angled couplings so that i could route the piping a broader angle to reduce the 90s

Lordgufi

alum-180.jpg

well i mean something like the larger of the 3 in the pic would work around the bend from the bay to the cooler. That spot is about the only place i can see there being no better way to smooth out the air flow

02gt

alum-180.jpg

well i mean something like the larger of the 3 in the pic would work around the bend from the bay to the cooler. That spot is about the only place i can see there being no better way to smooth out the air flow

well i guess if i would had known....but its too late now, besides, i would rather test fit those before i buy one...

ears

hate to break it to ya, but like i said,,,, the guy whos fabing up my tubing is just down the street. and he gets all his metal from sandiego metal also right down the street. and what ive found is the mandrel tubbing there is a fraction of what you find on the internet! but if you need any more bends let me know and ill hit my guy up for ya! i can guarantee you that youll probably pay less and youll get it quicker. just takes him a hot minute to get his mandrel bender all put together!

02gt

Ok so i ordered all of the stuff that im going to need to finish the project, which includes:
MM drag race 6 pt Roll bar
flex a light transcooler with a fan
B and M deep sump tranny pan
i went and pulled a stock shift and cable out of a wrecked mustang
stage two FPDM
and i cant seem to get a hold of a set of submersable fuel hoses made by gates, i have to order them directly from them on monday.
THe eight rib kit is having some issues but i have to exchange the water pump pulley and two of the idler pulleys to get them to fit on the eight rib kit. until then i just have little things to take care of.

02gt

problem solved with the water pump pulley, i just discoved if you switch to an s 197 water pump, it will provide the extra long snout, that was not included in the directions for some reason but lets just say google is my friend when trying to find information....

02gt

102_1344.jpg

Tranbrake is here!!!!! Also bought the rest of the pulley assembly, im going to run a 3.15 blower pulley. Why so small? some may ask. The engine will be reving to about 6500 RPM and it will be very close to the 50K RPM limit, about 49k to be exact...

M

Mustangcwo

Nice work Eric. You are really deep into this project and you're going to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Hurry up, all of you are making me race alone!!!

02gt

Im trying to hurry up, i spoke with lenny from Ultimate convertors today and he called just to tell me that my conertor was sent out.... now thats top notch customer service.....the other stuff should be ariving next week. so i think can probably take this weekend off to do home work maybe go to a drag race or two....well see, i submitted for 30 days leave for when the baby gets here so if the car isn't done by the end of the month it will surely be done next month....

M

Mustangcwo

17 April, I hope you make it there. I expect to see a bunch of WMDRacing stickers in the staging lanes. :rock: