• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang Vs The World III

Ford1288

Donator
Thanks for bringing competition to the table! I really do hope we can get a better turnout this year and we will only get it if people like you help out. :) And as for your question I doubt there will be an award for that because higher trap speeds is usually a bad thing (tire spin) and we focus more on your E.T. But thats just my opinion, the president will let you know.

crand002

Thanks for bringing competition to the table! I really do hope we can get a better turnout this year and we will only get it if people like you help out. :) And as for your question I doubt there will be an award for that because higher trap speeds is usually a bad thing (tire spin) and we focus more on your E.T. But thats just my opinion, the president will let you know.

Thank you for the response. The reason why I ask in reagards to trap speeds is because it would give those who have traction issues with fast cars something to shoot for. Just a suggestion.

crand002

There are many reasons other than driving that has to do with not having traction, we will agree to disagree. The mph is more of a constant and gives a good indication of a given vehicle's power to weight ratio. Again having an award for the fastest car (ie highest trap speed) in a given class is only a suggestion.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Being a previous Mustang owner and a current enthusiast I participated in the last year's event and I was disappointed with "Against the World" turnout. I planning to attend this event once again and bring some of my fellow Mitsubishi Evolution friends for a fun little rivalry. I expect to have a group of 10 or so all being street cars to see how we stack up against some of SD's finest Stangs.

Couple of questions:

Will there be any awards for highest trap speeds in the various ET classes?
Will there be a class for sub 7 sec. ET cars?

I appreciate the help in advance.

There are many reasons other than driving that has to do with not having traction, we will agree to disagree. The mph is more of a constant and gives a good indication of a given vehicle's power to weight ratio. Again having an award for the fastest car (ie highest trap speed) in a given class is only a suggestion.

crand002 here are the rules for the street class. The street class is tailored to street cars.. If traction is an issue and you run 3 runs in the 9.0's you win that class.. Its an average of 3 runs. Hope that helps.. We will be having a MVTW meeting soon and we will discuss posible getting a high mph trophy... Thanks for coming out and hope you have another good time...

MUSTANG vs THE WORLD STREET CHALLENGE

Class Description
Street Challenge is a racing class for mildly modified to heavily modified high performance street vehicles that are street certified. All vehicles are permitted. Any engine, and any number and/or type of power adders are permitted. Vehicles must be registered, licensed, and insured. There will be trophies and awards for the quickest average, and runner up, but also for the following: closest averaged ET that is not quicker than the following – 7.00 - 8.00, 8.50, 9.00, and 9.50. Street Challenge does not have a points system.

Qualifying Information, Ladder Type, & Tree
All Run, Street Challenge Format, .500 Sportman Tree.

CLASS RULES, STREET CHALLENGE VEHICLES PERMITTED
All vehicles will be accepted.

POWER ADDERS & POWERTRAIN
Any engine, and any number and/or type of power adders are permitted. Any manual or automatic transmission is permitted. Any rear end is permitted. Exhaust system with mufflers is required.

CHASSIS & SUSPENSION
Stock type chassis and stock type suspension is required. Coil-over shocks and springs permitted for both front and rear suspension. Shocks and spring may be re-located. Standard bolt-on replacement suspension and chassis components are permitted. Tubular bolt-in front K-members and A-arm kits are permitted. Back-half vehicles are prohibited. Ladder bars and/or aftermarket 4-links are prohibited. Wheelie bars are prohibited.

RACING AIDS
Delay boxes, cross-over boxes, or any “reaction-time related” electronic bracket racing aids prohibited in this class. Throttle stops, Stutter boxes and all related throttle-stop type accessories and trans brake are prohibited; this is a foot brake only class. Controller devises for nitrous systems only, are permitted, Line Locks Permitted.

STREET EQUIPMENT
In order to compete, all vehicles and/or drivers are required the following:
1.Valid driver’s license
2.Valid vehicle registration
3.Valid license plate(s). Dealer plates prohibited.
4.Valid insurance “ID” card. Faxes and/or letters from insurance companies and/or brokers not acceptable.
5.D.O.T. Radials or D.O.T. Slicks on front and rear of vehicle.
6.Hood is required, may be made of lightweight material. Hood scoops permitted. Hood/scoop may be liftoff.
7.Any type of passenger windows permitted, but must be functional – up/down and in working condition.

During the tech-in process, vehicle must have operational street equipment, including headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals, and horn.

TIRES: FRONT & REAR
DOT slick tires or DOT legal radials tires required for drive tires during the road tour AND the Street Challenge competition and class run off. Racing slicks prohibited. Maximum actual measured tire size is as follows: Actual measured tread of all racing slick-type tire is limited to 10.75-inches. For D.O.T. radial tires, maximum sidewall designation permitted is 325mm. Tire height is unrestricted. A “go/no-go” gauge will be used to measured tire width. Tire shaving is prohibited. Tire changing is prohibited during or after the road tour.

RACE FORMAT
When called to the staging lanes, all Street Challenge competitors must report to their cars and prepare to make three back-to-back 1/8 mile passes. All hoods and deck lids must remain secured, as they must remain closed until completion of all three passes. Vehicles with air-to-water intercoolers may not add ice to intercooler tank between back-to-back passes, even if intercooler tank is located in interior of vehicle.

FINAL STANDINGS
After all three 1/8 mile passes are completed, each racer’s ET will be added and the average of these three passes will be computed. The outcome of the 3-run average will be posted, and the awards presentation will be held after all racing is completed. On a qualifying run, if a contestant properly starts, stages and receives the starter’s signal but breaks to the point the run is not completed, a time of 28 seconds is issued and it is considered a valid qualifying run.

CREW MEMBERS
Crew members are not permitted around participating vehicles, in the staging lanes, or in the burnout area, between rounds of competition.

BACK-TO-BACK PASSES
Tire pressure may be checked in the staging lanes, or between rounds, and may be lowered. Air may not be added to tires any time during the back-to-back passes. Vehicles are required to make three full passes in order to be included in the final average ET tally. All vehicles must run three passes in the same order as the first pass, any attempt to gain additional cool down time between rounds will result in disqualification. The only possible exception to this rule is the use of a parachute, if required by vehicle speed. One crew member can be placed in the staging lanes to aid in the re-packing of a parachute, however, chute must be re-packed in a manner so as not to be disruptive to competition rounds. There will be a separate staging lane designated for any vehicle needing to re-pack parachutes. Any vehicle unable to start under it’s own power will be disqualified. Once all rounds have been completed, prize money and awards will be given based on the final average of all three 1/8 mile passes. During, and in between, the back-to-back passes, no changes may be made to vehicle other than lowering air pressure in tires. Fresh nitrous bottles, fuel, and ice may not be installed/replenished. Vehicles with air-to-water intercoolers may not add ice to intercooler tank between back-to-back passes, even if intercooler tank is located in interior of vehicle.

WEIGHT BREAKS
There is no minimum weight.

CLASS & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
It is the participant’s responsibility to familiarize oneself with the class requirements and the safety requirements as found in the 2009 NHRA rulebook. The participant agrees that the participant bears the ultimate responsibility at all times to ensure the safety of participant’s vehicle and to ensure that participant complies with all applicable NHRA rules.

The participant agrees that participant is in the best position to know about the construction and operation of participant’s vehicle, equipment, and clothing, and whether there has been compliance with all applicable NHRA rules.

Paul Huizenga

A question: Is Open Comp gonna be on a .4 or .5 pro tree?

I know I'd prefer .400 since that's what I run in PSCA Mustang Maddness, and I bet I can get some PSCA regulars from both MM and OC to come out for it...

spdpilot

Being a previous Mustang owner and a current enthusiast I participated in the last year's event and I was disappointed with "Against the World" turnout. I planning to attend this event once again and bring some of my fellow Mitsubishi Evolution friends for a fun little rivalry. I expect to have a group of 10 or so all being street cars to see how we stack up against some of SD's finest Stangs.

Couple of questions:

Will there be any awards for highest trap speeds in the various ET classes?
Will there be a class for sub 7 sec. ET cars?

I appreciate the help in advance.

We hope you make it out again. I (a Mustang Owner) would like to have some other brands to race against at this event. Everyone here I think respects all well built cars and the Evo crowd would definately fall into that catagory. So you guys would definately be welcome.

spdpilot

Anyone heard from any of the Trash talking Dodge/Chrysler guys?? Anyone coming out from that brand? Sure wish a few of this crowd at the Q would like to come race at a real track. Would love to put down a few of those SRT-8 Jeeps with AWD smoking people on a slippery parking lot track like the Q.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Whups. I also just caught that it's NOT actually Open Comp format, because you're running it heads up. Oh well. I guess I'll be sitting this one out.

Please PM me what are you talking about please. We are having our MVTW meeting this Friday...

Thanks

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Well Emilio asked for it so I posted our flyer on S197 forum. There is a link under there racing secton. Not alot of people responded because it is pretty big forum. There is good news though. I posted a video a couple of days ago with the 05bad gt car that runs a the "Q" and Barona every once in a while. He is coming and bringing a few friends. This maybe one of the biggest Mustangs vs. world yet. ! :) Look at the thread below and 05gt's sig. 6.691 @ 104 mph in the 8th pretty fast!

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31223

blackstallion06

Donator
They do have race fuel for sale at the track. And I believe there's a shop in El Cajon (you will pass on the way out to the track) that sells it too. Not sure on the price, but I think couple of people on here been there and they'll probably post up later.

If you take 8 east and get off on mollison turn right its the first station on the right. You do need a seperate container depending on who is working. Sometimes you can just drive up to pump and fuel your car.

spdpilot

Sounds like there might be more then at previous events. Should be fun. Just dieling my car in to run the 9.0000001 everytime and I am good to go. I learned the hard way last time. High 8's and you are screwed in that class.

blackstallion06

Donator
sdpilot, same thing happened to me. I was running 9's spinning like crazy on my nos tune not spraying. Then my bottle vented out. I had a grudge race so I had to go get another bottle filled. While I was gone they prepped the track and i busted a mid 8
and lost 9 second class. I new I should have let up and sand bagged lol

M

Mustangcwo

The classes are in .5 seconds now and more trophies are available. :rock:

spdpilot

sdpilot, same thing happened to me. I was running 9's spinning like crazy on my nos tune not spraying. Then my bottle vented out. I had a grudge race so I had to go get another bottle filled. While I was gone they prepped the track and i busted a mid 8
and lost 9 second class. I new I should have let up and sand bagged lol

Sandbag?? Me? No way! Haha! I got wounded tranny...cough cough.

Yeah...I remember the grudge race...that was great!!